TNEA 2018 Notification: Get Details Here|www.annauniv.edu
The information in this article is as per previous year brochure . As soon as board will release the TNEA 2018 brochure,important dates and links will be updated here.
TNEA 2018: The Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA) will be conducted and overseen by Anna University for all engineering aspirants wanting to find an institute in Tamil Nadu. The admissions committee decides the criteria which the applicant needs to secure admissions in the institute available under TNEA. There will not be any separate exams held, the candidates need to qualify the qualifying exam for the same. To secure admissions in around 571 institutes under TNEA 2018 the aspirant needs to fulfill the requirements prescribed by the admissions committee.
The applicant needs to register themselves In TNEA 2018 counseling session after result declaration to secure admission in the institutes under TNEA. The counseling session and allotments will be done in offline mode. For other important details like eligibility, admission criteria read the full article.
TNEA 2018 Notification
- Name of the Admission Process: Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions (TNEA)
- Conducting Authority: Anna University
- Number of Participating Institutes: 571
- Name of the Available Courses: B.E./B.Tech and B.E. (Sandwich)
- Duration of the Courses:
B.E. /B.Tech – 4 academic years comprising of 8 semesters
B.E. (Sandwich) – 5 academic years comprising of 10 semesters
The allotment of the seats will be done strictly based on the marks secured by the candidates in the qualifying exams. The qualifying exams refer to 10+2 or equivalent exam passed by the candidate. A list of applicants who can attend counseling TNEA 2018 will be prepared after normalization of marks based on the marks of the qualifying exam.
TNEA 2018 Important Dates (Tentative)
|1||Online Registration Starts||April 2018|
|2||Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form||May 2018|
|3||Issuance Of Random Number||June 2018|
|4||Announcement of Rank List||June 2018|
|5||Counselling Round||July – August 2018|
|6||Commencement of Classes||August 2018|
TNEA 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant of Tamil Nadu should have done their 8Th .9Th, 10th, 11th, 12th from the state.
- Domicile residents of Tamil Nadu who have done the aforementioned classes from the state shall submit a copy of their Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate.
- The children of Central Government Employees will also be eligible for admission even if they are not domiciled residents of the state provided their parents have been serving in Tamil Nadu for the past 5 years at the time of submission of application.
- Children of All India Service Tamil Nadu cadre officers are eligible to apply for admissions.
- Children of parents who have been working in the Public sector or government recognized institutions for the past 5 years from the time of application for admission are also eligible.
- Applicants who are not residents of Tamil Nadu but have completed their 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and 12th standard in the state will be eligible for admission without having to enclose their Nativity Certificate.
- Sri Lankan Tamil refugees who have studied in Tamil Nadu will be considered for admission under open competition if they are able to provide their identification certificate from the Head Quarters Tahsildar.
TNEA 2018 Required Qualifications
- For Admission in institutes under TNEA, the applicants should have qualified 10+2 with the required aggregate average with Physics, Chemistry, Maths as the main Subjects.
- The applicants of the general category should have at least secured a minimum of 50%, the SC/ST/OBC candidates should have a minimum 40% to get admissions under TNEA.
TNEA 2018 Seat Reservation:
|3||Backward Class Muslim||3.50%|
|4||Most Backward Class & Denotified Communities||20%|
|6||Scheduled Caste (Arunthathiyars)||3%|
The applicants should be able to apply only in online forms which will be available in April 2018 (tentative). The details pertaining to personal and educational details have to be entered carefully as incomplete and incorrect forms will be rejected at the outset by the admissions committee. After submitting the online forms, the candidate further requires submitting the printout of the so filled form in offline mode, ie. By post or in person with all the required documents. The application fee payment shall be done through a demand draft with all enclosures at the following address tentatively at least 10 days before the publication of HSC results.
“Secretary, TNEA, Anna University, Chennai – 600 025.”
Lists of documents Required:
- Original Special Reservation Form with DD
- 10th Mark Sheet
- HSC/Equivalent Mark Sheet
- Transfer Certificate
- HSC Hall Ticket
- Permanent Community Certificate Card for ST, SC, SCA, MBC & DNC, BC & BCM.
- Nativity Certificate only in electronic form/digitally signed e-Certificate.
- First Graduate Certificate and First Graduate Joint Declaration (if applicable)
- Sri Lankan Tamil Refugee Certificate (if applicable)
TNEA 2018 Admit Card
Admit card can be downloadable from the official websites once it will be published. It will be available online on May 2018 (expected). The details like Registration ID and Password is required to download the TNEA Admit Card. Candidates appearing for the Test should download & obtain the printout of the Online Test Admission Ticket. We will update the page with the link once it gets hosted officially.
TNEA 2018 Rank and Cutoff
The ranks of the candidates and the cutoff will be released by June 2018. The cutoff will be the minimum percentile required to qualify. The counseling fee for general category candidates will be Rs. 5000and for SC/ST/OBC candidates will be Rs.1000. In case an applicant fails to attend the counseling on the given time and date, he/she will be allowed to attend the session in another slot provided that he/she will be allotted only in the available seats. If the rank of the applicants changes due to re-evaluation of marks, then he/she can attend the counseling as per his/her new ranking
Tamil Nadu Engineering Admissions,
Chennai – 600 025
For any queries related to this article please comment below.