The article has been updated with the recent information regarding JEE Main 2018 examination . The board has announced the official date , read the complete article here.
JEE Main 2018: Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is the well-known entrance exam in India. It is the best procedure and the golden chance for the students who are intending for admission to B.E/B.tech and B.arch courses. On the basis of this exam, applicants get admission to the best A grade colleges like NITs, CFTIs and other engineering institutes. JEE Main is also an eligibility test for JEE Advanced which offers admission to IITs and ISM. From the year 2017, CBSE has done some changes in JEE Main like applicants should have Aadhaar card issued by UIDAI for filling the application. In this article, you will get each and every information regarding JEE Main 2018 so that you can have a clear picture before enrolling yourself for this exam.
JEE Main Exam Dates 2018
The board has announced the official dates of JEE Main 2018:
|Release of JEE Main 2018 notification||22nd November 2017|
|Commencement of online application form||1st December 2017|
|Facility for correcting Images||2nd December 2017|
|Closing date of online application form||1st January 2018|
|Last date for fee payment||2nd January 2018|
|Opening of correction window of application form||2nd half of January 2018|
|JEE Main Admit Card||2nd week of March|
|Examination for offline mode (Pen&Paper based)||8th April 2018|
|Examination date for online exam (ComputerBased Test)||14th & 15th 2018|
|Answer Key and OMR sheet availability
|3rd week of 2018
4th week of April
JEE Main Application Form 2018
All applicants must read the information carefully before filling the application form. The details are given below:
- Candidates have to fill the JEE Main application form via online mode only.
- Applications are expected to be released in the first week of December 2017.
- To apply for JEE Main, the candidate should have Aadhaar number /Aadhaar enrollment number/registration number which will be provided by facilitation center.
- In addition to filling personal details, a candidate has to upload scanned images of photograph and signature in a mentioned place.
- Candidates can take out a print copy i.e acknowledgment page after filling the application form as a proof of successful submission of application form.
- Payment can be made by debit/credit card or e- challan.
- Applicants opting for E-challan have to make in cash payments in Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI/ Canara Bank.
Click Here=> JEE Mains Application Form
Changes Introduced In JEE Main ( Last year)
- Here are the highlights of the changes done by Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government Of India in the pattern of JEE Main.
- No weightage will be given to the marks scored in 12th in calculating All India Rank in JEEMain.
- In order to qualify for admission to IITs, NITs, IIITs, CFITs candidates must have attained 75% marks and 65% for SC/ST (class 12th).
- Candidates should have Aadhaar card number to fill the application form.
- Candidates of J&K, Meghalaya, and Assam are excluded from this provision. Such candidates have to enter their ration card no., bank account no., passport no., or any other valid govt. identity number to get examination center in these states only.
JEE Main 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- Candidates who are born or after 1st October 1993 are eligible to sit for JEE Main.
- 5 years age relaxation will be given to SC/ST and PWD candidates ( dob falls on or after 1st October 1998).
- The considered dob will be as mentioned in secondary education board certification.
- A candidate must be 12th pass out with 5 main subjects to be eligible for JEE Main 2018.
- A candidate must pass 12th with physic, chemistry, and mathematics as core subjects.
- No minimum marks criteria have been set in 12th to write JEE Main exam. But, candidates have to secure passing marks.
- Candidates who have appeared and passed the higher secondary examination in 2016 and 2017 are eligible.Applicants who are appearing the final examination in 2018 are also eligible to apply.
- Diploma holders can also apply in JEE Main but they are only eligible for admission in IITs i.e they are not eligible for admission on the basis of JEE main scores. They will get admission on the basis of JEE Advanced score.
- The eligibility criteria to get admission in NIITs and IITs is that a candidate must have obtained 75% marks in 12th or must be in top 20 percentile in the 12th examination of respective board.
- For SC/ST- 65%
JEE Main 2018 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for JEE Main 2018 is mentioned below:
JEE Main Paper 1
- The paper 1 is conducted for admission to B.E /B.Tech courses.
- The mode of paper 1 will be both online and offline.
- It will consist of physics, chemistry and mathematics subjects.
- 30 question will be asked in each section with the total of 90 questions comprising of 360 marks.
- Objective type of questions will be asked in paper 1.
- The language of the paper will be English and Hindi except for the centers in Gujarat, Daman, and Diu, Nagar Haveli where the choices for question paper will be Hindi, English, and Gujarati. The choice of language selection to be mentioned clearly while filling up the application form.
- The duration of exam will be 3 hours.
- +4 marks for each answer and -1 for every wrong attempt.
JEE Main Paper 2
- Paper 2 is conducted for admission to B.Arch / B.Planning courses.
- This paper will be in offline(PBT) i.e paper delivered test mode.
- 30 question will be asked in Mathematics( Part 1), 50 questions in the aptitude test ( Part 2) and 2 question in drawing that comprises of total 390 marks.
- The mathematics and aptitude section will be objective and drawing test will be subjective.
- The language of the paper will be in English and Hindi except for the centers in Gujarat, Daman, and Diu, Nagar Haveli where the choices for question paper will be Hindi, English, and Gujarati. The choice of language selection to be mentioned clearly while filling up the application form.
- The paper will be of 3hrs.
- The candidates will be awarded +4 marks for every right answer and -1 for every wrong answer.
JEE Main Syllabus 2018
JEE main 2018 syllabus provide you the details about the topic that may come in JEE Main Paper 1 and 2. The subjects for both the paper is different, so the syllabus will be different. The candidates can download the detailed syllabus as it will be released by CBSE.
JEE Main Admit Card
All those candidates who will submit the online JEE Main 2018 application form and paid their examination fee will be allowed to appear in the examination. JEE Main 2018 Admit Card will be uploaded to the website as per schedule. It is important for all the candidate to show, Admit Card at the examination centers as without admit card students will not be permitted for giving the examination.
JEE Mains Answer Key
The answer key & images of JEE Main 2018 OMR sheets of Pen Paper Based examination along with Computer based examination will be displayed on the official website at www.jeemain.nic.in between 24th to 27th April, 2018. The candidates, who are not satisfied with the captured response, may challenge by filling online application form only through the link available on the official web portal.
Click Here=> JEE Main 2018 Answer Key
JEE Main Result
The result and scorecard for all the appeared candidates will be declared on 30th April 2018 by the official authority members of the board. The candidates passing the examination will eligible for appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2018.
Click Here=> JEE Main Result
JEE Mains Counselling
The technical institutes will participate in JEE Mains counseling through JoSAA/CSAB includes institutes like NITs, IIITs, CFTIs, and IITs. The seat allotment authority holds a combine counseling for these institutions.Those candidates who have cleared JEE Main /JEE Advance 2018 and also fulfill the eligibility criteria of admission can sit for counseling. JoSSA allots seat on the basis of merit and preferences.
Helpline numbers : 7042399520,7042399521,7042399525/526/529
Computer-based exam helpline numbers: 18002669778 (only computer exam based queries will be entertained)
Note : Total 3 attempts will be given for clearing the JEE Main . JEE Advanced can be attempted maximum 2 times in the following year.
Official website: jeemain.nic.in