GATE Syllabus 2018: Complete Guide for all Courses
GATE 2018 Syllabus: The syllabus of GATE 2018 is based on the subjects studied in the qualifying examination. IIT Guwahati has specified the GATE Syllabus according to the 23 papers that will be conducted for the admission to M.Tech. programmes. The GATE syllabus 2018 is similar to the previous year. The national level postgraduate engineering exam will be conducted next year on February 3rd, 4th, 10th and 11th 2018.
Candidates must go through the GATE Syllabus 2018 in their respective subjects that they will be appearing for. The GATE Syllabus specifies all the topics that candidates need to study to qualify the examination. The candidates can check the given links to download the GATE syllabus and can prioritize or schedule their preparation accordingly.
GATE 2018 Syllabus: Released
The GATE syllabus is divided into certain disciplines that are mentioned below. The General Aptitude(GA) is the common section for all the papers. Engineering and Mathematics is the mandatory section for all the papers except GG and XL. Candidates can download their syllabus by clicking on the given link below.
PAPER Download Syllabus
General Aptitude ( compulsory section) click here
- Aerospace Engineering (AE) click here
- Agriculture Engineering (AG) click here
- Architecture and Planning (AR) click here
- Biotechnology (BT) click here
- Civil Engineering (CE) click here
- Chemical Engineering (CH) click here
- Computer science & information technology click here
- Chemistry (CH) click here
- Electronics and communication Engineering click here
- Electrical Engineering (EE) click here
- Ecology and Evolution (EY) click here
- Geology and Geophysics(GG) click here
- Mathematics ( MA) click here
- Instrumental Engineering (IN) click here
- Mechanical Engineering (ME) click here
- Mining Engineering (MN) click here
- Metallurgical Engineering (MT) click here
- Petroleum Engineering (PE) click here
- Physics (PH) click here
- Productive and Industrial Engineering (PI) click here
- Textile Engineering and Fibre Science (TF) click here
- Engineering Sciences Syllabus(XE)- Any two optional sections
- Engineering Mathematics (EA) click here
- Fluid Mechanics(XEB) click here
- Material Science(XEC) click here
- Solid Mechanics(XED) click here
- Thermodynamics(XEE) click here
- Polymer Science and Engineering(XEF) click here
- Food technology(XEG) click here
- Atmosphere and Oceanic Science(XEH) click here
23 . Life Sciences(XL) any 2 optional sections
- Chemistry (XLP) – compulsory click here
- Biochemistry (XLQ) click here
- Botany (XLR) click here
- Microbiology (XLS) click here
- Zoology (XLT) click here
- Food technology (XLU) click here
NOTE – GATE 2018 syllabus of Aerospace Engineering has been divided into 2 categories. Core topics and special topics. The corresponding section will contain 90% of questions on core topic and remaining 10% questions on the special topic.
GATE Exam Pattern 2018
While checking the GATE syllabus 2018 it is advisable for a candidate to check exam pattern as well. IIT Guwahati will hold GATE 2018 in online mode in English. The total questions asked in all GATE paper will be 65 carrying a total of 100 marks, out of which 10 questions carrying a total of 15 marks will be asked in General Aptitude. The paper will be of 3 hrs.
Paper codes CE, CS,EC,EE,IN,ME,AE,AG,BT,CH,MN,MT,TF,XE,PE,& BI will have the pattern mentioned below:
- General Aptitude(GA) -15%
- Engineering Mathematics – 15%
- Subject of the paper- 75%
Paper codes AR, CY, EY, XL, GG, MA & PH will have the following pattern:
- General Aptitude(GA)- 15%
- Subject of the paper- 85%
There are 2 types of questions that IDs asked in GATE – MCQ( multiple choice questions) and NAT ( numerical answer type). There is negative marking for MCQ while NAT question does not have any negative marking. Negative marking in the question paper will be 1/3rd for 1 mark question while it will be 2/3rd for a 2 mark question.
For any queries related to GATE 2018 please leave your comment below.