The article has been updated with best of the details regarding the AP PGCET 2018 examination.
AP PGECET 2018: Andhra Pradesh Post Engineering Common Entrance Test (APPGECET) is conducted and overseen by Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University (JNTU), Kakinada on behalf of A.P. State Council of Higher Education (APSCHE). It is a state level entrance exam for admissions in the first year of post graduate courses like M.TECH, M.PHARMA pertaining to engineering and pharmacy. GATE and GPAT qualified candidates do not need to appear in this examination and can secure admission based on the rank secured by them in those exams. Candidates wishing to appear in this entrance exam can find all the details, notifications and updates like admission form, admit card, counseling and important dates in the article below.
|AP PGECET 2018 Notification||First week of March 2018|
|AP PGECET Online Application Form||First week of March 2018|
|AP PGECET Form Last Date (Without Late Fee)||Fourth week of April 2018|
|AP PGECET Form Last Date (With Late Fee)||Third week of May 2018|
|AP PGECET 2018 Admit Card||Third week of May 2018|
|AP PGECET Examination Date||Fourth week of May 2018|
|AP PGECET 2018 Result||Second week of June 2018|
AP PGECET Online Application Form Details
- The application form of this exam can be filled and submitted online on the official portal of the AP PGECET in the first week of March 2018 (tentatively).
- The candidate can apply even after the last date but only after submitting the prescribed late fee.
- After the successful submission of the form, the candidate will be intimated with an SMS/ E mail.
- Candidates can check the status of their form anytime on the website of AP PGECET.
- In the case of candidate wishing to appear in more than one test, the separate registration fee has to be paid for each test.
- Although GPAT, GATE qualified candidate do not need to appear in the test, they need to register separately for admission in the state of Andhra Pradesh.
The application fee can be submitted online through Debit/ Credit Card or through AP online centers. The application fee is Rs. 600 for General category candidates and Rs. 300 for reserved category candidates.
The late fee after the last date will be Rs. 500/-, 2000/-, 5000/- and 10000/- as per the dates of filling the late application form.
AP PGECET 2018 Eligibility Criteria
- The applicant must be an Indian local and must have a domicile certificate of Andhra Pradesh.
- The local/ Non-Local status of the candidate will be decided as per prescribed for admissions.
- The candidate must have passed the qualifying exam (B.TECH, B.E) with at least 50% marks and 45% for reserved category candidates.
AP PGECET 2018 Exam Pattern:
- There will be a paper-pen-based exam of two hours.
- The question paper will consist of 120 objective questions of one mark each.
- The exam will be English medium.
|Exam Type||Pen & Paper Based|
|Duration of the exam||2 Hours|
|Total No of questions||120|
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice objective type questions|
|Marking Scheme||1 mark for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||Not applicable|
|Medium of Question Paper||English only|
The following discipline will be applicable
|AP PGECET 2018 Test Paper||Paper Code|
|Computer Science & Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics & Communication Engineering||EC|
|Geo-Engineering & Geo-Informatics||GG|
AP PGECET 2018 Syllabus
The syllabus of the exam will be based on the syllabus of the qualifying exam. Thus respective streams will have syllabus of the respective streams.
AP PGECET 2018 Admit Card
The admit card can be downloaded from the official website upon entering the registration number. The admit card will be available for download in the month of May. (Tentative) Admit card will contain all details regarding the venue and time of the exam.
The candidate needs to secure at least 25% of the total marks to secure admission in the courses offered under this exam in the state of Andhra Pradesh. There will be no minimum marks for the candidates of the reserved category.
The candidates have to attend the AP PGECET 2018 counseling for seat allotment and document verification. To appear in the counseling, the candidates have to pay the counseling fee of Rs 600/- (Rs 300 for SC/ST/PH). After the payment of prescribed fees, serial number and password will be provided to the candidates through which candidates are able to mark the choices for colleges.
For any other queries related to this article please comment below.